Vision, Mission and Values
Inspiring our students; broadening understanding and horizons
We will be a leading university for expanding higher education opportunities: inspiring our diverse student body to achieve ambitious goals and broadening understanding and horizons across the communities we engage.
Who we are
- We value diversity. We respect the voice of every individual in our global network.
- We work collaboratively. In partnership with our students, communities and business we innovate in tackling shared challenges.
- We take personal responsibility. We work to realise the ambitions of our diverse students and staff.
- We communicate what matters when it matters. We value free, open and inclusive debate.
- We strive for excellence. We are committed to learning, research and continuous improvement of our practice.
- We are inspired by the promise of higher education. We strive to create a more democratic, sustainable and equal society.
We aim to:
- Inspire our diverse student body to achieve ambitious goals
- Engage our people in innovation and development
- Expand higher education opportunities
- Broaden understanding and horizons across the communities we engage
Read more in our Strategic Plan 2017-2020